posted on 16:30 - 14 May 2011 | posted by Lev
last modified on 16:31 - 14 May 2011 | last modified by Lev
I just installed a USB3 PCI-Express card in my desktop, and am quite pleased with the speed I've seen transferring backups from my server directly onto my (WD) USB3 passport drive.
Granted, I managed to snag that screen at one of the peaks (over 200MB/s), typical transfers balance around 70-80MB/s consistently.
The server is at home, and I am connected through my local network IP, so the CAT6 cable probably comes into being a major factor as well, but - damn. I was using FileZilla in this screen shot, and simply downloading a large backup file directly from the server onto my USB3 passport drive.
Roughly 10 seconds to download a 1.5+GB file - impressive.
Related Items »
- bug tracker » depreciate list_item function
- documentation » Signals and events
- bug tracker » spotlight & checking items for images
- home » Apologies for that server hiccup
- requests » chatterbox performance issue
- home » Patch coming after improved chatter box support is done
- home » Cron won't be "required" in the next release
- home » Lots of performance updates! :)
- home » SikoSoft gets a brand-spanking new server (KAYA2.0)
- home » 100 million SQL queries in past 46 days!